Monday, February 2, 2009

Please Donate!

Our dear friends Jamie and Jeff are adopting a little boy from China. They started their journey back in May of 2007 just before we started our foster care/adoption journey. This family has been so supportive of our family and been such a great support when we needed it the most. They are preparing to go and pick up their son soon but the unthinkable has just happened. Jeff has lost his job due to the economy and they are in need financially to be able to both travel over there to get him as soon as possible. This little boy is so special and needs his new family to come get him so he can know what it is like to have a family. His new name is Sawyer and he just turned three and is special needs. This hits home with us because we adopted our wonderful special needs girl. It truly takes a special person to adopt and this family deserves this so much. Please donate if you can, even if its just $5. The cost will go toward the travel, orphanage fees and other expenses while being over in China. All you have to do is click over in the top right hand corner of this page and donate anything you can. Please send prayers too, Sawyer needs them so much.

You can look at their blog, it give lots of information and updates on their journey. Also Jamie is the one that designed my cute blog. She can do one for you and the money will go towards the trip to get Sawyer!

http://stompinginmudpuddles.blogspot.com/

This is from Jamie, she keeps in touch with someone in China who checks in on Sawyer.

Each week I check in on Sawyer before leaving the O. The last couple of times I've felt so bad for him. He's looked so sad lately. The last time I was there I wasn't sure if he had gotten in trouble or what the problem was. But when I went into his room he was standing by the wall next to a cabinet area holding a new diaper looking really sad. I came in and picked him up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I set him down next to what I thought was his bed; but they must have moved him to a different bed. He was on the second row of bed, his head was against the wall; but now he's on the 3rd row 3rd bed from the wall. Anyhow, they were getting the kids ready for nap time. While standing up they took his diaper off to change it and I saw how tiny he really is for the first time. He's a scrawny little guy! Tiny, skinny legs. I'm sure he'll fatten up once you have him. You'll probably be able to put your hand around his legs. Anyhow, he seemed sad. When are you coming again?

No comments: